Monday, September 19, 2016

The Baigup Wetland..



As much as I love the city sometimes it's good to have a change and appreciate areas like the Baigup Wetland, a 200 metre wide crescent of Swan River flood plain 7km east of the CBD, an important feeding area for birds in the middle and lower regions of the river. Glimpses of the Garratt Road Bridge through the fascinatingly spooky :) paperbark trees
are a clue that the city is just a stone's throw away.. not literally speaking! 


Did I mention that the bird life around the wetlands is big :) Well here we are at the beginning of a new week, let's hope it's a good one. Happy Monday, take care and stay safe...


19 comments:

  1. Heipsan.
    These views are wonderful, and the last photo is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photos Grace. It's nice to have a getaway place not far from the city and with all the birds there it must be soothing to hear them in their surroundings. The last photo is so appropriate for the area.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very big! It would be a good place to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The birds do come big there! ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with RedPat. My! What big birds you have. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with RedPat. My! What big birds you have. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, they do grow some big birds down there in your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Twin bridges, old and new.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love to walk in areas like this by water. Lovely views. And o what a bird. It reminds be of the huge sculpted pelicans that feature by the boardwalk at Hastings on my Mornington Peninsula.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are nice those wedlands, wow you got some monster birds there, what do they eat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still have a piece of a paperbark-tree´s bark, Grace, from 1999 :-)
    Is it a boat or a rubbish-bin, your big bird?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The last one is my favorite!

    It's always good to get away from the city for a bit. I used to love living in a rural area. I'd still be there, if I could drive...surrounded by trees and birds and animals of all kinds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to look on google maps and I don't think I've ever been to that area Grace! Something else to discover!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My type of place, I do not like towns or cities. The bird life would keep me quiet for weeks on end :-) Keep well and enjoy your week Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those trees do look different don't they!

    I had to smile at your last photo, and it is quite colourful too!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete