Monday, April 25, 2011

Lest we Forget

I went into the city today to take photos of the Anzac Day parade (www.anzacsite.gov.au). After the rain yesterday the weather was brilliant. I took so many photos of the parade, it was very impressive with the pipe bands and uniforms, so picking a shot to show here was not easy.  In the end I went with an impromptu picture I took after the parade of two veterans  (because after all that's what this day is all about) who when I approached them and asked 'good morning Lads can I take your picture'  jumped up so pleased and gave me their best smiles.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, a great picture of two wonderful gentlemen. I've naot forgotten - been thinking of dad all day and watched the program 'The Spitfire & the Lancaster' on Chanel 7 tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite dapper looking, Grace, and I am guessing that they are veterans of later combat as they look too spry and alive to have been at Gallipoli. So glad that you asked for their photo... it made their day AND yours!

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel anonymous, the parade was very emotional, made me think of my Dad so much too especially when the pipe bands went through (being Scots and all, the bagpipes get me every time).
    Yes they would have been in WW2 Genie, I actually wanted to catch them when they were deep in conversation, but when they saw me approach they jumped to their feet, gentlemen still.

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  4. These two gentleman look like real characters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for posting. Keep blogging. Eminem is an American rapper and one of the most successful artists in hip-hop. As of 2020, Eminem net worth is now estimated to be $230 million.

    ReplyDelete